NEET 2018 UG/PG – Important Dates, Form, Syllabus & Notification @ cbseneet.nic.in – NEET 2018 is a common entrance examination formerly known as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE to seek admissions for Graduate Medical (MBBS) and Dental Courses (BDS) or Post Graduate Courses in Government Medical Colleges in India.
Earlier, states used to conduct Entrance Examinations separately for MBBS and Dental Admissions, but with the introductions of NEET UG examination from 2016 onwards it has replaced the AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) and also other individual MBBS and BDS examinations organized by states. Thus the NEET scores are important for taking admissions into medical courses. Here in this article, we have come up with important details about NEET 2018 examination like Application Form, Important Dates & Notifications.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|NEET 2018 Application Form Release Date||Last Week of December 2017|
|Application Form Last Date||January 2018 (4th Week)|
|Application Fee Last Date||January 2018 (Last Week)|
|NEET 2018 Admit Card Release Date||April 2018 (First Week)|
|NEET 2018 Exam Date||May 2018 (First Week)|
|NEET 2018 Result Date||June 2018 (First Week)|
|NEET 2018 Counseling||After the Results Announcement|
NEET 2018 Application Form
The applicants who are interested in NEET 2018 UG/PG can apply for the examination before the last date of application. NEET 2018 Application form will be available from Last week of December 2017. After the release of official notice interested candidates can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they star the application process. Once the application form has filled completely, the applicants have to send the confirmation page along with other necessary documents at this address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
Steps to Apply for NEET 2018 Examination @ cbseneet.nic.in.
- Candidates must visit the NEET official website i.e. www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Fill all the mandatory details ie. Name of Student (as per Adhaar Card), father’s name, mother’s name, personal details, contact information, mobile number, email id, qualification details (10th and 12th marks), domicile etc.
- All candidate must upload scanned copy of images online (Photograph, signature, index finger impression).
- Pay NEET 2018 Application Fees using online mode (Debit card, Internet banking, UPI Apps, BHIM App etc).
- After Application Fee payment you must download the confirmation page of the application form. Save it in your email Id and computer for later use.
|Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs.1400/-|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||Rs.750/-|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||Rs.750/-|
NEET 2018 Notification @ cbseneet.nic.in
- NEET APPLICATION FORM 2018 WILL BE AVAILABLE MOST PROBABLY IN DECEMBER 2017.
- URDU NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED IN NEET 2018- SAYS SUPREME COURT
- NEET 2018 Application form will be released in 1st week of December 2017.After the release of the official notice, candidates can apply online.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/ Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
Candidate must be minimum 17 years of age as on or before 31st December at the time of admission
Candidates must be maximum 25 years of age (for General and OBC Candidates) and 30 years for other categories
Examination: Candidate must be 12th or equivalent exam passed
Subjects: Subjects should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
Below we have mentioned the NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Courses Offered||MBBS and BDS|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be given for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
NEET 2018 Exam Syllabus
NEET 2018 Physics Syllabus
Class XI: Physical world and measurement, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves.
Class XII: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices.
NEET 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
Class XI: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry.
Class XII: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
NEET 2018 Biology Syllabus
Class XI: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology.
Class XII: Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology, and Environment.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
- The NEET 2018 Admit Card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card.
- The authority shall not provide the admit card by post.
- Admit Card will contain details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date & Timing, Exam center, etc.
- It is advised to candidates to Preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET 2018 Answer Key
CBSE Board will release the NEET 2018 Answer Key for all sets. Students will be able to download the answer key via online process. Answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Through answer key, students can get a rough idea about their performance in the entrance test. Download NEET Answer Key- Click Here
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website.
- The answer key will be released within a week of examination.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- The payment will be refunded in case of the challenge is accepted by the Board.
NEET 2018 Result
Candidates can check their NEET 2018 Result by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
The cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination. It will be based on a number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats. It will be released in the month of June 2017. The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 45% for general-PH and 40% marks for reserved categories.
NEET 2018 Counselling
Students will be able to participate in the NEET 2018 Counselling process according to their rank. Counseling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
During the Counselling process, candidates have to pay the Counselling fee and choose their preference for colleges. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of filled choices, rank and availability of seats in colleges. After seat allotment, candidates will be needed to appear at the allotted college to complete admission formalities.